Sunday, August 15, 2010

So it has been a while my humble followers and servants, but I know you will find it worth it, and here are some of the models and armies I have been working on. The space marine is a converted Blood Angles Librarian. I am planning on building up my own break off chapter called the Blood Templar, and there colors are probably going to be beaten copper, a hint of red here and there, and maybe some green. As you can see I am planning on converting up the jumpacks, thereby saving a few bucks and giving the army a unique look to it. It is also going to run almost all infantry and jumpers,with only a few tanks and transports. It may not be the most competitive bunch of blood drinking super human killing machines, but I think it will look good on the tables.

Friday, June 4, 2010

For those of you whom dare to assume that I, the Great Salis, have gone soft and do not understand the enemy that this great Imperium faces, I will show unto you what has been found within mine own kingdom!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

So here are a few picks of my brothers toys and a project I have been fiddling with for a few days. I had a few moments of free time so planned out how to make a rhino like tank out of card board. it is still very much a work in progress, but I have been having fun working on it. The longest part is mapping it it all out before it gets cut.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Some more bugs, or actually one big one.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My ever so lucky older brother had the nerve to ask me what the rest of my Lizardmen force looked like so I will, instead of having his left leg burned of, show you the basic colors I have chosen.

Here is my finished slann, kneel before me and beg the fates spare you my wrath! Up and coming High Lord Salis is your better!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Here is the Slann from the top!

And here are a few more picks of some of the things I have been working on lately

Thursday, March 25, 2010

And just for fun I will let all of you lesser men know what a real man who is totally dedicated to the Imperium of man can paint like. Beware of jealousy, for you will never attain this level of perfection.

Hello everyone, sorry for the 3 month break, and I am back with more intstuction and even a few pictures!

Soooo, now I will move on to the actual construction of the boards.

With all the materials gathered its time to get cutting! the first thing i did was draw outlines on the boards of the different features I wanted. Easy as pie.

Next drew the outlines onto the foam I would be using and started the fun stuff. After cutting out the basic shape I then started shaping the edge to be a bit more sloped. I did this so give it a more natural look. If you want examples of this look up making hills on-line, there are some really good articles out there.

Next I simply glued them down on the board. It is important to weight them down so they lay flat against the wood. Then you simply let it dry for a good few hours.

The brick ruins were done by cutting out 1x1x whatever foam lines and then notching them to look like multiple bricks stacked side by side. I also did a few actual 1x1x2 inch bricks to lay around here and there. On a whim I went and cut
a few pop sickle sticks to look like old wood boards and put them within one of the brick structures and then put a few just out in the open for fun.

After all the bricks, wood and hills were glued down ( I also put down a tree I found in an old scrap box I had around) I then went and applied spackle to the edges of the hills and around the ground areas to give them some depth. I didn't do as much as I could have. Its really up to you as to how much you want to put down. TIP: after you put the spacle down get a big shoft brush, get it wet, and then lightly brush the spacle to take off any sharp edses or points you don't want.

After everything is dry, and I gave it a good two or three days just to be sure, I then gave all the foam features two layers of glue to protect them from being eaten by spray paint. I intentionally left some of the surfaces on the bricks uncovered so they would look a bit eaten away by weather or whatever. After this I then covered the whole ground area with watered down glue and coated it with small grain sand to give it a texture that could be either grass, dirt or anything else that one could think of.